KNOW YOUR STATUS. Get tested every 6 months and in between each new partner. Free HIV Testing recommended to ensure getting tested regularly.
National HIV & STD Testing Resources; just type in your zip code and find the closest testing site near you!
HIV KNOWS NO GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR RACE.
Positive? Negative? Not sure?
What You Need to Know About HIV:
- The Basics on HIV Infection and AIDS
- Staying HIV Negative
- Living With HIV/AIDS: Staying Healthy, Protecting Others
- HIV Transmission: Questions and Answers
- Additional Information If You Tested Positive
Frequently Asked Questions About HIV and STD Testing
- Who should be tested for STDs?
- Should I get an HIV test?
- How long after a possible exposure should I wait to get tested for HIV?
- How do HIV tests work?
- What are the different HIV screening tests available in the United States?
- If I test HIV negative, does that mean that my sex partner is HIV negative also?
Did You Know?
Every woman who is pregnant should be checked for STDs during her first prenatal visit.